Resume Action Verbs in Action: I-J-L
Continuing our series of excerpts from a Quintessential Careers tool that provides samples of how action verbs can be used in a resume:
I Action Verbs in Action
- Identified and implemented $100 million+ in expense savings.
- Implemented IT cost-allocation model resulting in equitable redistribution of IT costs back through corporation and clearer understanding of departmental technology expenses.
- Improved cash flow from a negative $13 million to positive cash flow by restructuring company.
- Initiated capital funding in conjunction with investment bankers and venture capitalists.
- Instituted project-management policies and procedures to create PMO model to control projects, resulting in standardized system to define, categorize, and track projects.
- Integrated new Business Analyst team into organization, resulting in improved interaction between IT and its customers and alignment of IT initiatives with departmental goals.
- Interacted with CEOs and top executives from various medical equipment, networking, software, and semiconductor companies.
- Interpreted policy and applied federal and state laws to various employee-relations issues.
- Interviewed lay and expert witnesses.
- Introduced new Problem Management process focused on defect resolution using severity codes.
- Invented and headed development of all core technologies, including ion implantation equipment, semiconductor process applications, and use of proprietary doping materials and chemicals.
- Investigated allegations of discrimination, sexual harassment, and unfair employment practices.
- Invited to serve three-year term on community-development committee.
- Isolated and reduced waste streams within facility.
J Action Verbs in Action
- Juggled multiple projects on tight deadlines covering numerous diverse areas.
L Action Verbs in Action
- Launched pan-European UBT and Cartoon Central into 542,000 cabled households, generating $2.2M in annual revenue and establishing Cartoon Central as regions No. 2 childrens channel.
- Learned strategies and market terminology during simulated trading sessions with senior traders.
- Led company-wide strategic team developed to redefine and align services and responsibilities of customer care and distribution operations groups; planned, developed, and implemented action-oriented meetings with 31 nationwide distribution centers; developed issue, cause, and resolutions for identified opportunities and implemented plans to affect changes to both customer-care and distribution operations.
- Leverage clients competencies by providing a common vision and creating an energetic, inspired, and honest atmosphere.
- Liaised with vendors and manufacturing department to ensure high-quality, yet low-cost, production methods.
- Lowered customer tool cost $500,000 annually through implementing process changes.
- Resume Action Verbs in Action: U-V-W
- The Joys (and Dangers) of Owning a Microbusiness
- Email Marketing How-to: Overcome 3 common errors to increase clickthrough
- Writing an Executive Resume: Your Opening — Part 2
- One in four citizens in UK to shop online by 2025: report